What do I need at the race?
- Photo I.D.
- Appropriate footwear is highly recommended
- Change of clothes for after the race - you will get covered in color!! And probably a dry towel!
- Spending money for extra beer, food, and Dye Hard 5K Gear.
When does the event start?
The race will begin around 9:30pm (time subject to change based on darkness). Please arrive no later than 8:30pm to ensure you get checked in and ready to run.
How much does it cost?
- Registration (Open date – June 7) = $35.00 for Youth & Adults
(Groups of 8 or more that register at one time will be $25 per person)
- Late Registration (June 8 - July 13) = $45.00 for Youth & Adults
(Event t-shirt sizes will not be guaranteed)
- We now offer a $10.00 military discount. You must show military ID at packet pickup.
What to leave at home?
- No outside food or beverages
- No glass containers
- No real weapons and/or firearms will be allowed
- No bad attitudes
- No pets allowed on site or on course. You will be asked to leave the event grounds. Please leave your pets at home!
When and where is packet pickup?
Packet pickup will be held Friday, July 12 at the Sozo Sports Complex between 5:00pm and 7:00pm. Packet Pickup will also be available at the event. Gates open at 8pm.
What do I get as a race participant?
- Dye Hard 5K Race T-shirt
- Custom Dye Hard 5K Medal
- Music/Dance Party
- Post-race: free beverage ticket (One Free - Gatorade, Pepsi, or beer (21+))
- Dye Hard 5K Race Bib (with safety pins)
- Unlimited digital rights to all images provided from the event day.
What to bring to packet pickup?
- Your photo I.D.
- Signed race waiver. You can download the PDF from the website and bring it with you signed or we will have copies on site to fill out.
- All participants under the age of 18 must have their race waiver signed by their parent/guardian.
Can I pick up my friends entry packet?
Yes you can but you will need:
- Copy of friend’s photo I.D.
- Signed letter from friend stating you are allowed to pick up their packet
Where can I leave my gear?
There will be a free bag check area for all your gear. Your gear check ticket is attached to your race bib.
Is the race timed?
No, the Dye Hard 5K is not a timed race. There are no winners or losers. Do your best and we will all party when it’s over!
What if there is inclement weather?
Rain or shine we will race. Dye Hard 5K reserves the right to cancel or delay the event if runner, spectator, or staff safety is compromised. There will be no refunds.
How do I volunteer?
We are always looking for individuals or groups that are willing to volunteer for our events. Volunteers receive bonus swag items and get make some great, fun memories! If you feel the calling to be the best volunteer ever and help with a new local event, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Is the Dye Hard 5K safe?
Dye Hard 5K takes every precaution to create as safe an environment as possible. There will be emergency staff on standby for the duration of the event.
Will the color ruin my clothes and shoes?
The color does mostly wash out after the event. We suggest you wear clothes or costumes that you wouldn’t mind getting full of color powder.
Will the color ruin the inside of my car?
Bring some old towels for the inside of your car or a change of clothes, just in case!
Can I bring friends and family to watch?
Yes! There will be a general area for finish line viewing.
Is there an entrance fee?
There will be a $5 parking fee onsite. Spectators are welcome.
Can I bring my 4-legged friend?
Sorry, no pets allowed for safety and sanitation purposes.
Do I have to register online?
Yes, all registration must be completed online.
Will there be race photos available?
As part of your entry fee, you will have Full Digital Access to all photos taken during the race! A link will be emailed to you when the photos are available for download!
Can I get a refund?
We do apologize, but no refund under any circumstance.